The REALTORS® Land Institute is an affiliate of the over million-member National Association of REALTORS®. It is the only branch of the REALTOR® family focused on land brokerage transactions of five specialized types:
(1) farms and ranches
(2) undeveloped tracts of land
(3) transitional and development land
(4) subdivision and wholesaling of lots
(5) site selection and assemblage of land parcels.
Originally named the Farm & Land Institute, it was organized in 1944, and has been dedicated for over six decades to improving the professional competence of its members in land brokerage. In addition to brokerage of the five main types that are unique to the Institute, its individual members frequently engage in other land specialties such as agribusiness, appraisal, consulting and management.
The REALTORS® Land Institute's main objective is to bring together real estate professionals interested in the improvement of their professional competence in activities related to land; including land brokerage, agribusiness, land management, planning and developing, appraising, acquisition, and any other land specialty areas. This goal is carried out through various programs. As a leading land education source, the REALTORS® Land Institute offers the only land education program. RLI also offers the Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) designation. This designation is only awarded to those who meet strict requirements such as required Land University courses, experience in the field, involvement and service to the institute. RLI's National Marketing Sessions provide a national forum for members to represent client's interests, whether buying, selling, or exchanging.
The Institute is serving its members' interests by:
- Identifying its members as land specialists within the real estate profession.
- Developing and maintaining professional standards of practice.
- Fostering professional expertise through educational activities.
- Awarding the professional designation of Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) to those members who have met rigid educational and experience requirements.
- Formulating recommendations for public policy affecting land use.
- Advocating the wise use of land and the reasonable rights and privileges of private ownership.
- Promoting members' business activities through marketing programs.
The REALTORS® Land Institute is open to all REALTORS®, REALTOR®-ASSOCIATES, or NAR affiliate members who are interested in professionalism in land brokerage.
For more information about RLI, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
# # #